Magnesium has about 33 percent less density than aluminum, making it the lightest metallic construction material ever. As the trend towards lightweight construction increases, magnesium will establish itself long-term alongside the classics like steel and aluminum. More and more companies see magnesium as the material of the future. Be there right from the beginning - Be with us!
For particularly high demands, magnesium is the ideal choice:
- Magnesium is the lightest construction material ever used and has only about two thirds of the density of aluminum. For example, this saves a kilo in weight on an e-bike.
- Magnesium is more elastic and absorbs energy and vibration better than aluminum.
- Magnesium allows thinner wall thicknesses - and thus more design freedom. The draft angles are also lower.
- Due to the shorter cycle times and the longer tool life, Magnesium Thixomolding is commercially very interesting.
- Magnesium can be machined faster, with better surface quality.
- Magnesium Thixomolding is better considering the environmental energetic consumption as it is fully recyclable.
- Magnesium Thixomolding has lower porosity.
The trend is increasingly moving towards lightweight construction, especially in e-mobility, as every saved gram counts. Therefore, magnesium will establish itself long-term alongside the classics of steel and aluminum.
Alone in the automotive sector, magnesium is ideal for:
- drive components
- engine components
- Battery Components
With the optimal alloy, countless other applications are possible, including:
- Housing for electronic components
- sports equipment
- Hand tools, mobile construction equipment, medical technology
More and more companies see magnesium as the material of the future, and extensive research is already strengthening its technical and economic benefits.
Do you want to use the strengths of magnesium for your products? Then our 70 years expertise in lightweight construction is exactly why we are the right partner for you!
Our portfolio: From planning to just-in-time delivery of the highest volumes.
Alloys: We perfect your components exactly to your requirements.
CNC machining: We are constantly developing new chip, assembly and testing concepts.